Sketch Tuesday - on a tree

I thought it was high time that we got back into joining in Sketch Tuesday over on the Harmony Fine Arts blog.

The girls were reluctant to have a go - I think they are too used to drawing what they want rather than within a theme. It's a great way to challenge your drawing skills and expand though, so I told the girls that I intended to draw a picture and so they could too. It worked!


This week's theme is "on a tree". The youngest decided to draw a tree in bloom.


My 9 year old girl drew a kite stuck in a tree.


My 11 year old drew some Barn Owletts. 


And I drew a Fairy Wren. Do you know how long it's been since I actually sat down and drew something? Me neither! Too long! 

I think I will try to do this more often. Maybe you and your children want to join in the fun too?




No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.