Making for cold weather


We've had a cold snap this week, Winter is really here. My oldest girl has nearly worn out her handmade tops, so it was time for a new one. The beautiful navy floral print is a gorgeous Stenzo knit from Zebra fabrics, it's so incredibly soft. Other prints from Crafty Mamas.


The loom is always dressed these days! For this scarf I used hand dyed merino and also my hand dyed, handspun. Simple placement of colours gives such a great effect!


Thin stripes of solid colour paired with a variegated handspun makes a party of colour dots, I love it.


This is a sampler I've been working on. I thought it was about time for me to see what this rigid heddle loom can do, I've been lazy with all this plain weave! Using Jane Patrick's book "The Weaver's Idea Book" I've tried out about 8 different patterns using pick up sticks and it's really not hard!

I posted this photo on the Facebook rigid heddle weaving group, encouraging members to have a go at making patterns and the response was huge! It seems I'm not the only who was stuck in the plain weave comfort zone.

I'll be utilising some of these newly learned techniques to weave a scarf to enter in the Royal Melbourne Show weaving section, can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Nanna Chel said...

Kelly, I love your daughter's top. So colourful. Hasn't it been cold...even up here in Queensland! It is starting to warm up again which I am thankful for.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.