Fig balls paleo style

I really don't subscribe to any particular style of eating or diet, but these balls I made today seemed best described as "Paleo style".

I'm constantly endeavouring to come up with healthy treats for the kids (and for their sweet tooth Mum too!) The more lollies that make their way into our home, the more determined I become to steer away from them in favour of REAL food! 


For this recipe I have used nearly 100% organic ingredients and with a family of 6 this sort of food is a real treat, as it's not cheap. However, if eating more treats like these sees you eliminating unhealthy treats, perhaps it will work out economically anyway?

12 organic dried figs
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons organic, raw, cold pressed coconut oil
2 teaspoons organic cacao powder
4 tablespoons organic desiccated coconut, with extra for rolling.

Chop figs into slices and place into food processor with all the other ingredients. Process until smooth, roll into balls and roll in coconut. Hide them in the fridge, as once discovered they won't last long!

*As many people ask where these ingredients can be obtained I am happy to share my supplier. I am not affiliated with this company and receive no payment or benefits for recommendation. I buy from Bulk Whole Foods and find their products and service very good.



1 comment:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

These look good! Thank you for sharing your supplier. It's difficult to find healthy ingredients locally. Even the 'health food' store doesn't stock what we need. They tend to sell organic forms of ordinary foods but not alternatives to things like sugar.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.