Healthy chocolate

There are a lot of recipes for healthy chocolate now and the ingredients vary, usually according to the "type of eating" you're subscribed to. I'm just trying to be healthier, so here is my version of healthy chocolate.




3 tablespoons virgin organic, cold pressed coconut oil 
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of honey
2 teaspoons of desiccated coconut (optional)

Melt the coconut oil with the honey and stir to combine thoroughly. Stir in the cocoa powder, then the desiccated coconut. When combined, pour out into chocolate moulds. If you don't have moulds you can pour into a container with sides, then cut into chunks when it's set.
Place in the freezer, unmould when totally set. Store either in the fridge or freezer - I store in the freezer so I can grab one in the evening when my tastebuds are crying out for something sweet :)
Enjoy!



1 comment:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

These sound delicious. I will try out your recipe. To be honest... I will give your recipe to the girls and they can make some chocolates for me!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.