Handmade in Australia Marketplace

I've started a new Facebook group - Handmade in Australia Marketplace in order to further my support for Australian Artisans.

Having been a member of many Facebook groups I've found that they can be "stuffy" when it comes to artisans sharing items that they happen to be selling. Some groups consider this to be spam. What a pity.


Here is my artisan selling philosophy: Lets all help each other. Pretty simple, right? One of the hardest aspects of having a handmade business is getting the exposure you need, and if we all helped each other freely, then we all benefit.

So.... if you're a handmade artisan or artist and you are Australian, you are welcome to join the group. You can post photos of your products, links to your shop or website, recommend other artisans you like, invite your friends to join,  or if you are a supporter of handmade you can browse and follow the links to shop :)

2 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

I love your idea and philosophy. Thank you for adding me to your group. I also love the twisted ink (?) pin cushion. Is it for sale? I will have to look in your shop.

I hope your FB group is a huge success.

Kelly Casanova said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for your kind words! This pincushion is, shall we say, in my private collection, so not for sale :) I like it rather too much. I'll be printing a lot more things in the near future though.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.