Busy, making


I've started on the felt play mat for an upcoming birthday. I hand dyed the wool felt and it came up a bit blotchy, but doesn't really matter seeing as it's grass.


I'm not sure what else I'll add in at this point, I tried some trees but they looked silly. Some mushrooms may be my next attempt.


Needle felting a nest for Mother duck and her ducklings (also in progress, nearly finished).



I've also turned some of our screen prints into cushions and bags.


I love the way my hobo style bags came out so I'll probably sew more in this design.

More updates to come, and if you're interested in a tutorial or how to for how to make the play mat, just let me know :)

3 comments:

Sue Elvis said...

Kelly,

I love the bag and cushion! Is that a Twisted Ink design and is Patrick your husband? I've been admiring the artwork on Facebook. So intricate and clever. The Twisted Ink FB page is so interesting. I've been scrolling through all the designs and enjoying!

Kelly Casanova said...

Hi Sue,
Yes, Patrick is my husband and he is also Twisted Ink. He is a very talented artist and draws every design completely by hand. His Facebook page is getting a lot of attention, perhaps because most art of that nature is now done digitally.

Gae said...

Dear Kelly,
Love the play mat. Can't wait to see it finished.
Are you planning some little play dolls for it too?
Blessings
Gae

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.