Craft from the past


I often forget to show finished projects these days or otherwise I just don't get the time. This knitting roll was for a Crafty Mamas Christmas swap.


I followed a tutorial from here.



The red and white print is a screen printed piece from Blueberry Ash Textiles. The cute little blue and green trees I picked up from a craft show some time ago.


A nice way to keep your needles tidy I think (hmmm, I could do with one of these myself!)




My swap recipient is a keen knitter, so in keeping with the knitting them I made her a knitters brooch.


The little swatch was knitted on bamboo toothpicks (looks really cute, gives you really sore fingers and hands!) Then I glued some beads onto the ends of the sticks, rolled a little yarn around them and glued it all to a beautiful wooden brooch I got from here and filled with some hand dyed wool felt.


Another project completed last year that I never did show. The skirt was actually a UFO from my beginner sewing days which was made from pale pink polar fleece. I thought it was rather boring on it's own, so I sewed some ric rac and buttons with embroidery onto some lovely hand dyed wool felt. I cut it into a pocket shape and sewed it onto the skirt, easy peasy.


But that wasn't enough either. So I made this little guy from wool felt in a custom size to fit the pocket. 



Hello, aren't I cute?


1 comment:

baukje said...

Such lovely things you made. that brooch is absolutely beaeutiful!!!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.