Linocuts


I love the look of a linocut - the crispness, the multiple skills required to produce a good one and just the whole aesthetic value appeals to me. So, being the inquisitive kind of person I am, I just had to give it a go. Admittedly my first prints look rather amateurish but I'm encouraged that my cutting skills improved with each piece and felt very satisfied at the end of the print process.

The little cottage you see is actually a papercut design from Sharyn Sowell's book Paper Cutting Techniques (a really lovely little book too). I'm very taken by Scherenschnitte and would like to apply similar principles to my linocuts. Practice makes perfect, so off I go to practice!

If you want to know more about the art of linocutting let me know so I can post more information.


No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.