Maisy quilt


With the birthday being tomorrow I've finished just in the nick of time. This was one of my longest projects and admittedly, if it's long, it may not get finished. But having a little nose over your shoulder asking when it's going to be ready is a good motivation.


I initially planned a lot more hand embroidery, but realistically it was going to take too long.


I love how the free motion quilting on the borders turned out. The bulk of the quilt is stippled.


Cute?


Have you seen the Leah Day tutorials on free motion quilting on Youtube? So very, very helpful!


I allowed the birthday girl to choose the flannel backing. What else does a 3 about to be 4 year old girl choose but pink fairies?

The matching cushion may not be finished, but considering I spent hours lastnight at the local hospital emergency department with a post fall, head injured, concussed and vomiting five year old I think I'm off the hook.
She's fine, by the way - God answered my prayers yet again and she is her chirpy old self today.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

That is stunning! Well done.

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad she is ok, the power of prayer! The quilt is gorgeous!!!!! Did u stipple the whole quilt and then add the panels? I love the small personal touches you added too. Very sweet.

Tas said...

Gorgeous. My 4 year old would steal that in a heartbeat!

softearthart said...

So beautiful, my you are a clever sewer, cheers Marie

Marie said...

So adorable, perfect present.

CraftyMummy said...

Gorgeous! I love the "flowery" quilting in the borders. I think I learnt that from Leah Day too. And the pink fairies would be my 7 year olds choice too I'm sure.

Unknown said...

OH so sweet...what a fun one.

Kelly Casanova said...

Clo-
The panels are individually cut into squares, then joined to white sashing. The squares are quilted in the ditch and then stippled on the sashing.

Karen said...

This is beautiful - what a perfect gift.
Glad all is OK with Miss 5 - what a scare you must have had!

quilary said...

It's really beautiful, especially the lovely little applique and embroidery touches. Brilliant job on the free motion quilting.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.