Hottie Challenge

After much deliberation I've finished my cover for the Hottie Challenge!


I decided to use a piece of my hand dyed silk that I was keeping for something special. I used free motion embroidery to highlight the colours and patterns of the silk.


I also added beads and some hand embroidery.


The back is made with some of my hand painted fabrics.
I know it's a little "out there" but I really wanted to do something a bit different and reflect my love of colour and patterns.

This one is off to Curlypops Central, then to Open Drawer to raise money for the Margaret Pratt Foundation. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has come up with :)

9 comments:

softearthart said...

It is very bright and colorful, just what is needed in the Winter time. cheers Marie

Marie said...

It looks amazing, as all your dyed goods do.

CurlyPops said...

I can't wait to see it in person!

Tanya said...

yeah, I really like it too. good on you for participating.

Anna Bartlett said...

Well done! That is a seriously bright hottie! I'm suffering from total performance anxiety with this one - not that I've had time to get started this week anyway - but I'm hoping I'll just have some lightning flash of an idea so I'll know what to do. Love your extra stitching and beading too!

Unknown said...

This seems to radiate heeling...whoever gets this will feel really good.
I just love all the color and movement.

Purly Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog awhile ago! I just love the colours of your Hottie. I am looking forward to seeing it at the grand launch at Open Drawer!

quilary said...

That is beautiful - so very you! and such lovely colourful fabrics. It will be well loved.

Adele - A Lass from Downunder said...

I love the beautiful, bright colours in your hottie cover!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.