Stumpwork!


I had a marvelous day yesterday with the Embroiderer's Guild doing a beginner's stumpwork class with the talented Cecily Dow. This class is in preparation for the intermediate certificate I intend to do later in the year with Alison Cole (very excited about this!)


To give an indication of size, this is in a 4 inch hoop. Even though it's very small it took many hours to complete, it is very fine and detailed work.


This is a really dynamic form of embroidery and I can't wait to do more. I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt!



5 comments:

Sonja said...

Kelly,
This is just gorgeous. I love the details! I can't wait to see what else you create.

Tania said...

Wow. Fabulousness to the highest degree. The very bees-iest of knees...

(and I so get that it took many hours).

quilary said...

Bee-utiful. Lovely handwork - your stitching is just perfect.

Unknown said...

Just adorable! Very fine

Valerie said...

this is very neatly made & beautiful !

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.