My Creative Space


I'm having a go at the dual image applique technique from Dilys Fronk's book.
I like the fact that you can use up scraps and there is no waste. I'm free motion quilting around the shapes which takes quite some time!


I'm using my dyed and painted fabrics. The idea is to use this technique for bags, quilts etc, but I'm taking baby steps with a teapot rest. I think I'd go nuts doing a quilt with all these tiny applique pieces!
Note to self - make sure fabric used for applique doesn't fray quickly!!


My first foray into polymer clay with some cutesy buttons.


I think someone missed us while we were away!

For some wonderfully creative spaces take a look here.


5 comments:

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

wow you have been busy! Love those buttons, too cute!

Knicky Knacks said...

Very clever indeed. How creative. Love it all but have a real soft spot for those mushrooms.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Your buttons are gorgeous!!!!

tinsenpup said...

I love the applique. And that cat is clearly very happy to have you home.

quilary said...

The applique looks really intricate - you must have a lot of patience! Love the buttons too.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.