On embroidery, business and list writing


So I didn't get time to stitch lastnight as I'd hoped but I thought I'd share one of the embroidery projects I have on the go. One of my Mother-in-law's oldies that was never started, a printed linen table cloth. I was really unsure of colourways but eventually decided on a fresh and modern take, so nice and vibrant but harmonious colours.


I was more than a little excited to open a little box of my very first business cards! Surely someone will take me seriously now? (Total tongue in cheek). At least I don't have to hastily scrawl down my details when someone is interested in my work now, and these certainly look better than my handwriting!

Now for the list writing. Last year when I was homeschooling with a baby and life was mostly an insane and hardly bearable chaotic rush I let a lot of things slip - including the writing of lists. I'm determined to start afresh and make this year different.
Yesterday I crossed off 8 items out of 11 - pretty good for me! What wasn't completed yesterday transfers to today's list. This is so important for my organisation, crossing items off my list makes me feel in control and makes a sometimes overwhelming day of tasks achievable. (I can just imagine Posie nodding emphatically!)
If you feel snowed under try writing lists - even if you only get one thing crossed off it is a way of laying out your tasks so that rather than feeling that you're drowning in work you can have a detached sense of what you have to do.
Once you have a basic daily list you will probably find yourself writing a list for everything - goals (short and long term), shopping, trips away, purchases needing to be made, schedules....

6 comments:

Wallis Creek Farm said...

Love the business cards Kel!!
I need to get back into my list writing too. I brought my year diary today so now I can start getting organised.

Very pretty embroidery too.

Tas said...

Nice cards. Love those embroidery colours you have chosen. I am a list person. Otherwise I'd forget anything...

Amber said...

Great cards! Like them! Mmmm....I need to do some list writing!!!

zofia said...

beautiful stitching Kel.
I am a big list person, but sometimes the process ends there! ;)

Nell said...

I swear that sometimes reading your blog is like looking in the mirror! LOVE my lists and am totally lost without them. Every night before I go to bed I have to write the list for the next day (even if it only says "play with children, washing, eat chocolate..."LOL

Mary said...

cards look great. I'm a list writer too. However if I carry someting over for more than a couple of days maybe I'm trying to tell myself that I really don't want to do it so I should either cross it off or find some other sucker to do it for me.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.