My Creative Space


I thought it was about time I made some more gowns and blankets for Bonnie Babes. Unfortunately some dear people will be needing them over the Christmas period. These lovely soft knits were donated to me by Peta.


I must say this is one of the coolest salt resists I've done so far. I hand painted blue and purple on cotton in a wavy sort of a pattern then laid on the rock salt. I think this piece needs to be free motion quilted and made into a journal cover.


My darling daughter of 5 years has been desperately waiting for me to turn this redwork into a cushion for her bed ever since she saw me working on it. I might even get to it before Christmas - amazing things can happen! (ie. I'm procrastinating on this one!)

Thanks for visiting me today and don't forget to check out other Creative Spaces here.

A reminder that my Christmas giveaway ends Saturday!


11 comments:

Teek said...

i love idea for the cushion. I am sure she will be a very happy little 5 year old.
Thanks for stopping by
Tanya

Marie said...

That dyed piece is gorgeous. Love it.

anna said...

You're so gifted. I've never seen dying done like that - just beautiful!

Rosalind said...

oh that is a cute needlework piece - would look lovely on a cushion!

Kelly from Polkadot Lane said...

Gorgeous piece of redwork - it will look gorgeous as a cushion :-)

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a special person you are making those things for the babies.

Gill in Canada

spectacularfairywren said...

she is too sweet!

Angel.Pearls said...

Lovely creative work! Eva

Michelle said...

The redwork is lovely. Perfect for a young girl's cushion.

Kylie said...

Well done - you have had a busy week.

Bron said...

Good for you using such a talent to help out a great cause. The gowns look adorable.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.