Hand dyed top for the boy

I don't sew all that much for the boy - It's not like you can make a 10 year old boy the cute little outfits you could have when they were little. I do like to make his basic pants and things though.


The pattern is Jalie 2918 which I have also used for my husband with excellent results. I started with white Stella and dyed it what I thought would be a sky blue. It came out awfully light and washed out which I now realise was probably due to a too low temperature in the mixing and curing.


I gave it another go with cobalt blue and better temperatures and it came out perfect! I love this colour on my blue eyed boy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job with the dying and the sewing and of course with the handsome boy !

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.