Little Star

                                                                Image courtesy of Amazon.com


I'm usually a little apprehensive when it comes to books written about "the Christmas story" as they can be a little fanciful and detract from the true beauty and meaning of the Nativity. Instead of believing the reality of the birth of Jesus, children can start to feel it is just another story that makes for good reading but without any real substance.

Not so with Anthony's book, "Little Star". Without giving too much of the story away and ruining the surprise for you, the book offers a look at the Nativity from a different angle without changing what actually happened. The book begins with a father speaking to his young son, so the child can instantly relate to the story. The writing is descriptive but not complicated. I must mention the illustrations also, which are artistic, beautiful and vibrant.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book (and it would make a great Christmas present).

Anthony DeStefano is a dedicated Christian and a lovely person to deal with. If you would like to find out more about him and his other books, Google offers a wide range of pages or you could start here.

Happy reading!

Please note: I do not receive cash payment for product reviews unless otherwise specified.

1 comment:

Therese said...

I entered a give away for this book and thought if I didn't win it I would buy it. Your the second blogger that has recommended it.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.