Who says direct marketing doesn't work?


I had already decided not to go to the Craft & Quilt Fair - that is until this colourful little piece of promotional material turned up in my mailbox. My resolve weakened, then gave way completely as I leafed through the pages and saw what and who will be there. By the end of the brochure I felt it would be a crime against craftiness to not attend!


In other news, I have one newly arrived nephew with another shortly making his way into the world, so some very warm and fleecy baby blankets were in order. Thanks to Spotlight's stocktake sale they were very economical to make too!



And Mim made her way out from under her blanket (see previous post) to celebrate her 3rd birthday. It was also my husband's birthday so we had a lovely small party for them both.


6 comments:

zofia said...

Happy Birthday to Mim and her dad!
That craft show does look very tempting.
Lovely blankets too. Did you make the bear also? He looks pretty cute. :)

Kylie said...

Happy birthday to Mim and DH:) Hope that they had a great day - love the cake:)

Glad that she came out from under the blankets - cant say I blame her, I would be under there if I could at the moment too.

The blankets look great.

quilary said...

The Melbourne brochure is much prettier than the Sydney one (from June). Plan to spend the full day there - I reluctantly left at as they were shooing us stragglers out the door!
Happy day to the birthday people - the cake looks like 3 yr old's heaven!

Therese said...

oh have fun at the craft and quilt fair. The quilts look great.

Happy Birthday Mim and to your husband too.

Therese.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love the birthday cake with all the smarties on top of it. A belated Happy Birthday to them both....

Gill in Canada

Kelly Casanova said...

Yes Zofia, I made the bear from a "Beary Cheap" kit.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.