Easy fix for old pants


How many times do you find the elastic gone in a pair of pants or skirt that are otherwise fine? I saw these cute stripey knit pants at the op shop for a few dollars but the elastic around the waist was useless.



I had a length of fold over elastic (FOE) in my stash and thought of a quick way to fix the pants. I unpicked the old elastic band (admittedly this took a while but I knew it would be neater than just cutting it off). Then I simply stitched on the FOE (I had measured it around my daughter's waist to get the right size first) with a zig zag stitch while stretching it as much as possible.

Have you ever used FOE? I know some of the Crafty Mamas use it for neck binding on t - shirts and tops but of course it's main use is nappy making. Nappy supplies stores stock it.



The odd things our children do! This is how I found my almost 3 year old girl the other day, sitting perfectly still. Can't say I blame her, it gets pretty rowdy here!

1 comment:

monART said...

hahaah the little one, I'd like to do it myself this monday lol. I've never worked with FOE yet. It is still on a to do list :)

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.