Getting organised


I've been reading "Survival for busy women" by Emilie Barnes after having it recommended to me several times. I'm finding it great - just the kick in the pants I needed to start tackling the organisation of our home. I'm hoping that this time the systems I put in place will carry on and run with maintenance, rather than the usual "oh no - the house is a disaster zone again!!!"

I spent about 2 hours sorting through and throwing out paperwork. 4 shopping bags of rubbish later - I'm done! And boy, do I feel like a burden has been lifted! I was entirely ruthless about throwing things out and I feel liberated!

This morning I went out and (finally) bought a much needed bookshelf - it's massive, and it's going to make a HUGE difference.

Emilie also talks about the 15 minute method. Breaking big tasks into small time slots to make them achievable. Maybe if you're drowning in clutter you could give this a try?

I'm half way through the book, I wonder what the next half will bring.

4 comments:

softearthart said...

Hi, It is always a bit tricky to get organized.and clear away clutter. I look at it like..Clearing away the old stuff allows new things to come in, and they can not come in if their is no space. love and light Marie

Linda said...

This sounds like a great book! Thanks so much for sharing the details:)

Therese said...

I am re reading FLY ladies book. It is all about getting rid of the clutter. You are right though. It is freeing.

Nell said...

I love Flylady but I have to say she has definitely left the building here LOL! Might have to do a re-read. Have just returned from a lovely holiday and stayed in such a welcoming, comfy home with just as much "stuff" as ours only difference being it was organised and appreciated! Decluttering here I come!

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.