Teddy bears!

I've been loving bears for some time now, I even made one last year. Unfortunately it wasn't the most positive experience. I was too scared to buy expensive mohair in case I mucked it up so I got a synthetic, half of which I believe I ended up inhaling. Lots of sneezing, not nice!
Although my bear turned out pretty cute his joints are very wobbly and if you look close you can see how shonky he is.
So... I've just purchased a bear kit for the first time (real mohair!!) from Beary Cheap and I'll hope for more success this time.
In the meantime, here are some real cuties from Flickr.


                                               By The Craggy More - love that little outfit!





And this rugged up cutie from Trobertabq.

Wish me luck - I think I'll need it!

2 comments:

zofia said...

How different from dolls can it be? (says me who is still figuring out her first doll ;))
I sure your bear will be very lovable indeed.

Bearly Sane said...

When you make your bear from mohair you will find it quite different from working with synthetic.

I only ever made one from synthetic and never went back to using it in all the 14 years of bearmaking.

I wish you luck!
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.