PHEW!!

What a week! I attempted this sketchy self portrait tonight, which not only doesn't look like me, it also doesn't convey the intended message- that is, I'm exhausted! It started on Monday with a trip to Emergency for a suspected broken arm (our 2 year old, not me!) Several hours and x - rays later the patient began using her arm again as though nothing had happened, we now think it was a dislocation that popped back in when being handled for the x - rays. Mid week I was "sprung" with the surprise that 2 nieces would be arriving on my doorstep at an hour's notice. After a 3 night stay and a baby who insists on crying nearly all day, every day, I was starting to feel a little put out and frazzled. The nieces (who are lovely, by the way) have now been delivered to another destination and we are back home resting after the lengthy drive.

Now here's the best part. As you know, I've been dutifully handwashing since my washing machine broke down. Ta - da! I now have a new, larger and better washer and all is right with the world again.
And now to enjoy the rest of the weekend, hopefully with the absence of any phantom broken limbs or unexpected house guests!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hooray for the inventor of the washing machine! Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Therese said...

so glad you have a washing machine again. I love our front loader. They are so much softer on your clothes.

Jenny said...

I didn't know you had joined the handwashing ranks too. Isn't it wonderful, doesn't the world seem a better place when you get a washing machine again. What a huge difference an automatic washing machine makes to the running of a household. A great invention - my favourite especially after this year's experience.

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.