Things are getting better...

After an awful start to the day in the form of a glass sliding door having slid off its track, it then dropped onto my foot when I was trying to fix it. Ouch! There I was sitting with offended foot up and a packet of frozen peas thinking - broken toes? Anyway, a few hours later I'm hobbling around (definately not broken).
Then I received this parcel in the mail from Fabric Direct (excellent customer service) and things started to feel right with the world again, some beautiful Tanya Whelan, even a fat quarter of Matroyska dolls, what a treat. These lovely pieces are now flapping in the wind on the clothesline awaiting the next step. What will that be? Hmm, the thinking cap is on.


I came across the recipe for "Chocolate Mug Cake" in the local paper and tried it out. So easy, just done in the microwave. I overcooked mine a little, they were dry. Here is the recipe:

4 tblspn SR flour
4 tbspn sugar
2tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 tblsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp choc chips or chopped cooking chocolate

Mix well together in a bowl or in the mug. Fill a mug about half way with the mixture. Microwave on high for about 1.5 minutes (try to leave a bit more moisture in than I did!)
This will make 1 - 2 ordinary coffee mugs or one huge coffee mug.

Let me know what you think if you try it.

The giveaway is up and running, see my last post.

No comments:

This blog is closing!

All posts will now be found at my new site.  Click here to go the the new site.